Today’s watercolor experiment:
I used the last drip of liquid latex on today’s composition. After dripping, I shook, tilted and jarred the paper without regard to design.
Next, I splattered the same pigments I used yesterday: opera rose, cobalt turquoise and lemon yellow. I wanted to see how the wet drops would combine.
For the next stage, I mixed pairs of the primary palette to obtain the secondary colors, orange and purple. I painted them over the latex resist pattern. Here, the composition takes on a cross hatched look.
I intended to lay in some muted tones in the corners, so I chose Moonglow, (a Daniel Smith pigment consisting of viridian (PG18), ultramarine blue (PB29) and anthraquinold red (PR177)). I was surprised to find that…
View original post 250 more words